Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Letting Out the Steam!

It's that time of year again. The craziness of the fall and winter is beginning once more. While the psychos roam the streets (anywhere really), we need to find a way to release the frustrations of having to deal with such stressful environments. Some people exercise, others shop (though why you would want to shop now is beyond me), some change their looks. As for me, I write. My angriest, and even most depressing, scenes have been written during times of stress and upset. It is when I feel most inspired. It is almost like the characters chatter away in my brain making the feeling of urgency even worse. So I put those frustrations on paper.

My latest scribble fest is a new story idea. It is currently untitled because I haven't hit a point where that 'Ah ha!' has hit me. I don't really know exactly where this story will take me, but it seems like fun for now. (Smile, this is a good thing!)

Now this doesn't mean that Twin Eyes is on the back burner, it is also a current running in my head. (Yeah, it's painful with so many chatty-Cathy's in my head). The reason I started this new story is to get my mind off of Twin Eyes for a bit until I can become inspired to write the remaining chapters that evade me. (I see those little buggers hiding around the corner playing Peek-a-Boo). Unfortunately this means that on top of the stress of being a college student, I also have my brain wrapped around these stories. (School always comes first!) I sometimes find it hard to sleep at night, but such is the life of a writer. Insomnia must be a growing thing amongst writers.

Luckily I have three days off between work and school. Otherwise I would lose my mind...even more so than I already have.

PLUS!!! I am a fangirl of many things. My current obsession is anime, so I follow many currently running stories that help to inspire me. Sadly, this means that I have some form of anxiety (mostly from one story) when it comes to waiting. The two stories I am really into right now are Bleach by Tite Kubo and Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto. Yeah yeah. I know what you're thinking. (Trust me I have heard it all). What is a twenty-one year old doing watching and reading "cartoons"? But to be honest, the different worlds that these Japanese mangaka create is a wonderful escape from the hardships of the real world. I don't really care if I am judged for it, it is something that makes me happy, so why should I fit in with what people want to see me as? Anyway (rambling over), those stories give the right amount of suspense (because I have to wait a week between chapters) that helps me to create a tense environment necessary for my story. (That could just be I want some where to vent).

Whoa...talk about getting off topic. I guess I just needed to talk about the new things in my writing and reading life.

Let me know (to those few readers I have) what else you would like to see on here. I am willing to talk about anything writing and reading related.

Later!
Kat =^.^=

No comments:

Post a Comment